When applying to rent a property, the following fees are payable, depending on your circumstances:
Our Agency fee is 35% +VAT of a month’s rent (42% inclusive of VAT), or a minimum fixed fee of £140.00 +VAT (£168.00 inclusive of VAT), whichever is greater.
Our fee includes (where required)
- Organising viewings (50% Tenant, 50% Landlord)
- Liaising with Landlord rental & Tenancy start Date.
- Liaising with Landlord regarding any issues prior to move-in
- Drawing up and executing a Tenancy Agreement and associated paperwork* (50% Tenant, 50% Landlord)
- Drawing up a Guarantor Agreement
- Any additional unforeseen administration works required within granting a Tenancy
Referencing fee (if applicable)
Each applicant £35.00 +VAT (£42.00 inclusive of VAT)
This cost includes
- Obtaining employment references, Landlord references, Credit Checks on all applicants*
- Obtaining employment references, Credit Checks on all Guarantors *(if applicable)
- Carrying out Right to Rent Checks
Flatline Online LLP do not have any hidden cost through the tenancy, however in the event of a Tenant being in Breach of Contract additional charges may be incurred to cover administration works involved
in resolving any Breach of Contract. These include:
- Administering an unagreed late rent payment (to include bounced cheques) £20.00 +VAT (£24.00 inclusive of VAT)
- Additional rent chasing letters/email or telephone reminders £10.00 +VAT (£12.00 inclusive of VAT)
- Administration cost for returning overpaid rent due to standing order not being cancelled £20.00 +VAT (£24.00 inclusive of VAT)
- Any other Breach of Contract, where a Tenant has already been advised that they are in Breach of Contract and continue to remain in Breach of Contract £35.00 +VAT (£42.00 inclusive of VAT)
Each new Tenancy a Landlord will be required to pay fees for our services.
- Valuation - no charge
- Let Only - starting from £250.00 + VAT (£300.00 inclusive of VAT)
- Management - starting from 10% + VAT of rent collected (12% inclusive of VAT) with a setup fee starting at £150.00 + VAT (£180.00 inclusive of VAT)
Depending on level of service this fee includes
- Valuation and guidance
- Marketing of the property
- Organising required safety certificates**
- Organising Legionnaires risk assessment**
- Organising EPC**
- Organizing viewings (50% Landlord, 50% Tenant)
- Administering Tenant Referencing
- Changing/informing utilities (gas, electricity and water) as well as Bristol City Council
- Registering the deposit in a government-approved scheme such as The Deposit Protection Scheme or My Deposits
- Drawing up and executing a Tenancy Agreement and associated paperwork (50% Landlord, 50% Tenant)
- Drawing up and issuing an Inventory and schedule of Condition***
- Check in / Out service***
- Key holding
- Monthly/Quarterly rental collection
- Monthly/Quarterly rental statements
- Quarterly property Inspections
- Arranging property maintenance
- Payment of contractor invoices
- Arranging return of deposit
* This service is carried out by a 3rd party company and your details will be passed to them for completion. If you require any further information regarding these services, please ask a member of staff.
** This service is not included within the fee structure but can be offered by a 3rd party company. Please ask a member of staff for more information and costs.
*** Landlords are advised to use professional inventories and a schedule of condition when letting a property. Inventories and schedule of conditions are drawn up by a 3rd party company and costs vary depending on the size and condition of the property. Most inventories cost between £70 and £150, however for a more accurate costing for your property please discuss this with a member of staff. This service is a requirement for all properties managed by us.
If you require clarity on our fee structure, please speak to a member of staff who will be happy to talk it through with you.